Home to the children of early founders of Northville, the Yerkes house was built in 1873 by William Purdy Yerkes and Sarah Cady Yerkes. William was an attorney and judge and later became the first village president.
The Yerkes house originally stood on the south side of Cady Street between Church and Center but was moved to Mill Race Village in 1975. Now the nine room house is open for tours that features the homes traditional Gothic style carpentry and elaborate style furnishing of the mid-Victorian era. The home is situated at the end of the village next to a gazebo and the Ingersol Creek
“Mill Race Village.” Motor City Ghost Hunters. N.p., 6 Jan. 2014. Web. 21 Nov. 2015.