The First Religious Influence in Port Huron

 

Located at the corner of 32nd and Henry Street, St. Stephen's is the oldest church in Port Huron.

Located at the corner of 32nd and Henry Street, St. Stephen’s is the oldest church in Port Huron.

St. Stephen’s Catholic Church was Port Huron’s first Catholic parish. The building was constructed on present-day 32nd Street in Port Huron in 1887, and held its first mass on January 8, 1888. St. Stephen’s still stands tall as a member of the Holy Trinity Parish in Port Huron along with St. Joseph’s and Our Lady of Guadalupe.