Union Depot “Clara Station”
Formerly named the “Union Depot”, the Clara Station was a former train station in Lansing, Michigan. The Union Depot started passenger service in 1902. It would only travel to a couple places not too far from Lansing. The owners if this property enjoyed the antique versions of the place inspired by all different aspects of the world. The furniture and interior design gave a palace like feel and became an historically site for people.
It was renamed from the Union Depot to Clara”s Lansing Station in 1978. Peter Jubeck bought the building and turned it into a historical restaurant for locals or visitors in the Lansing area. The old passenger rail car was attached to the building to add a more spacious environment for visitors. Through the direction and direction of Ransom E. Olds, this station was the start of another form of transportation from surrounding cities.
Michigan Vietnam Veterans Monument
This monument recognizes and honors the Michigan residents who served an lost their lives in the Vietnam War during the 1960s-1975. The monument is located in the Michigan Veterans Memorial Park in Lansing. Alan Gordon is the designer and architect of the steel wall monument that is 120 feet long and 10 feet high. The steel tension cable supports the monument three feet above the ground. All soldiers involved in the war names are listed by county in alphabetical order in 15 lighted plaques made out of steel. There are a list of words and phrases that constitutes each soldier that was involved in the war. For example, if a soldier has prisoner of war next to their name, it means that they were a member of the armed forces and captured by the enemy.