Greenmead is a historic farmsite located in Livonia. It represents Livonia’s agricultural past as well as the entire state of Michigan’s. In the 1820’s the 95 acre site was home to Michigan pioneer Joshua Simmons. The Simmons family lived in a small house on site, while in 1829 the first barn called the North Barn was built. Soon after multiple buildings were built, and nine out of the eleven original built are still intact. Sherwin Hill, a prominent Detroit attorney purchased the farm in 1920 and raised dairy cattle until his death in 1961 (City of Livonia). Today, Greenmead is a historic park and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has the original farm complex, Historical Village, picnic areas, and recreational areas (City of Livonia). It is a well visited park that teaches of early farm life.
The Wilson Barn was built in 1919, and was a premier dairy industry leader during its heyday (Wilson Barn). The Wilson family served others with dairy processing, and dairy products (Wilson Barn). The Wilson Barn is another historic site in Livonia that may not be as well known. Today the Wilson Barn is host to family events. These consist of events such as car shows, a farmers market, pumpkin fests, and many more.