This building was originally part of the mill property in 1858 and was purchased by Reuben Newell Clark in 1876 to be used as a grocery store. Frank Leonard and Ben Miller purchased the property to start up a Ford car dealership in 1919. An interesting advertisement in the local paper for the dealership calls Ford cars “The universal car” and “The people’s car”. The ad claims that Fords are durable, have a low cost of operation, simple, easy to understand, and safe. In 1942, this was the location of a Kroger Grocery and Baking Company branch and was purchased in 1954 by Rudy Schwarz. Rudy’s market still stands today.